We have an exciting array of flower arranging and cultural programs to enjoy this season. Click on any of the program dates below for additional details. Remember, all workshops require advanced reservations with Margy Metzler.
If you wish to download a summary of our programs for your “gray binder”, click here and print one out for your personal use.
- We have two informal summer social gatherings. Click here for 2018 details.
- Nov. 9, 2018 – Our meeting room was not available on the first Wednesday of November – so come on Friday, Nov. 9. This program, Looking Back, Looking Forward, will be a report on the European Conference by Michelle Heuschen, a pictorial review of our 45th year and a new member reception. Ginza will be available too!
- Dec. 5, 2018–46th Anniversary Tea (members only at member home). See tea page for details. Contact Jessica Tesarik if you can bring food or if you plan to attend.
- Jan 9, 2019 – Ginza prior to meeting. Sumi-e Painting and workshop. Workshop limited to 15 members at $25 each. Contact Margy Metzler prior to Dec. 31 to sign up for workshop; advance payment required. Last ginza opportunity before the exhibit.
- Feb. 6, 2019 – Ready, Set, Bingo – Final preparations for the exhibit. Learn how to properly wear kimono and yukata and have some fun playing Flower Bingo. Nominating committee report to board.
- Feb. 14-16, 2019 – Annual Exhibit with ginza. Set up Thursday Feb. 14. Exhibit open to public Feb. 15-16.
- Mar. 6, 2019 – Creating Inside the Bento Box – Sensho Ikenobo Sensei Margy Metzler will demonstrate creating inside a bento box with workshop to follow. Contact Margy Metzler to reserve your $5 spot in the workshop; fee may be paid at the door. Slate of officers presented to membership.
- Mar. 20, 2018 – Annual luncheon with demonstrator Kyoko Petersen from Chapter #1 in Washington D.C. and the Ikenobo School of Ikebana. Click here for a registration form for this event.
- Apr. 3, 2019 – Installation of Officers, member ginza, and creating designs in other members containers. Advance workshop registration required with $5 payment at the meeting. Contact Margy Metzler to reserve your workshop space and/or space for the member ginza.
- May 1, 2019 – Washi Paper Boxes – We will create washi paper boxes. Advance workshop registration required with payment at the meeting. Contact Margy Metzler to reserve your workshop space. $5 fee may be paid at the door.