Florida is fortunate to have five Ikebana chapters each with their own uniquely talented membership. We started an exchange program two years ago and we are delighted to be the recipient of a visitor from our friends in the Melbourne chapter. Rena Foley, Sogetsu sensei, will demonstrate how to make containers out of bamboo as well as create beautiful designs. She will be offering a workshop after the meeting for up to 20 participants. Sorry, but the workshop is now full.
This meeting will also feature our ginza. This is the last chance to snag the perfect container for the exhibit as well as all the other ikebana supplies you might need to finish the season.
How to participate in the workshop:
- Advance workshop registration required by pledging $25 to Margy Metzler
- Please register before Dec. 31, 2017 and click here to fill out the workshop registration form.
- Bring a favorite leaf or two from your garden
- Hasami and trash bag – no kenzan required
- Everything else will be provided
- Click here to see if you are bringing something for hospitality.
We meet at 9:30 at the Buehler Auditorium in the FGCU Research center of the Naples Botanical Garden. Membership in the Naples Botanical Garden is encouraged but not required to attend our monthly meetings.
- 9:30AM – Friendship through Flowers social period
- 10:00AM – Business meeting
- 10-30-11:30 – Program
Click here or on the icon below for directions to the garden. 4820 Bayshore Drive, Naples, FL 34112